Fat Moon Farm will not sell your personal information. We are in the business of selling high quality gourmet, organic mushrooms and other mushrooms products. We value and respect the customers who make it possible for us to be in this business. The following paragraphs describe our privacy policies regarding the personal information you provide to us as well as information we collect about how our visitors use our site.
Fat Moon Farm Online offers two shopping options that allow you to choose how much information you wish to share with us for your
shopping convenience. We use Shopify to
- 1. Guest Shopper – Only the record of your transaction is stored for customer service purposes. Your personal information is not stored on our servers so each time you shop with us, you will be asked for your shipping, billing and credit card information.
- 2. Registered Shopper – We store your billing address and shipping address information on our secure server for your convenience. Your Bill-To and Ship-To information is pre-populated in the appropriate areas in our checkout procedure to make things easier for you. As a benefit for registered shoppers, we also maintain records of your purchase history, wish list, reviews and other interactions you have on our website.
We believe that your email address is private information. Fat Moon Farm’s Online Store powered by Shopify requires the customer to enter their name, address, telephone number and email address in order to purchase products online. We do not rent or sell your email address to anyone.
The types of emails we may send to you are:
- Order-related emails. If you make a purchase from us, we will send you emails directly related to your order. For example, we will send you an email with a tracking number for your shipment.
- If you visit our site and take some sort of action such as adding an item to your shopping cart, downloading a document or placing an order we may send an email following up on that action. For example, if you add something to your cart without checking out, we may send you an email reminding you of the items in your shopping cart.
- Subscription-based marketing emails. If you subscribed to our emails, we will periodically send you emails to let you know about specific products or experiences we think you might be interested in. We do our best to send relevant content based on your expressed areas of interest when you subscribed to our emails. In addition to your expressed interests, we may send you emails based on your purchase behavior, geographic location or other basic data that helps us provide relevant information.
- Fat Moon Farm will often record the email address of anyone requesting a catalog or other information via email, to facilitate future communications. Fat Moon Farm does not make this address available to any other individuals, organizations or companies.
You may opt out at any time from any or ALL emails by clicking on ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of an individual email. The emails in bullet 1 are required for order confirmation.
Internet Service Provider Information
Fat Moon Farm does not record or track the Internet identity of individuals visiting our Website. Our Internet Service Provider does track the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computers accessing our site, and makes that information available to us. However, there is no way for us to determine from this information the email address or other identifying data of any individual Web surfer accessing our site. For instance: if you are an America Online subscriber and visit our site, our ISP will record that Fat Moon Farm Online was visited by x.x.x.x (where x is a number) or cache-xxx-xxx-proxy.aol.com, not (yourscreenname)@aol.com.
All orders on our site are encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology – one of the most prevalent and secure systems available online. SSL is an extremely complex form of cryptography that makes it virtually impossible for a third party to decrypt any personal information you provide.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. To guard your information delivered to us electronically, our website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL encrypts your credit card number, name and address so only authorized entities are able to decode your information. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your contact information, to the extent permitted by law, we do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our web sites, and you do so at your own risk.
We urge you to keep any password that you establish with us in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also remember to log off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
If you provide physical mailing addresses to us, we may send mail via the US Postal Service to these addresses.
If you would like to opt out of accepting cookies altogether, you can generally set your browser to not accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. However, certain features of our web sites or other services may not work if you delete or disable cookies.
We use Shopify to power our online store. Shopify collects usage data, to analyze how users use the web sites and to provide advertisements to you on other websites. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by Shopify, go here www.shopify.com.
We may work with companies or persons to provide certain services including email distribution, credit card processing, shipping, data analysis and management, promotional services, etc. We call them our Service Providers. We provide our Service Providers with the information needed for them to perform these services. We also ask our Service Providers to confirm that their privacy
practices are consistent with ours.