Holiday Shipping FAQ
Q: When will my grow kit arrive?
A: Shipping time will vary, as it is dependent on the following variables:
1. Our grow kits growing exactly as we predict. Usually our kits grow according to their predicted timeline, however, they are living organisms and sometimes have their own schedules.
2. How many grow kits we have available. If orders exceed our production plans, shipping will be delayed by a week or two as we catch up.
3. Unprecedented delays from shipping companies.
Q: When should I order my grow kit if I want to receive it by a certain date?
A: Generally, we ship the blocks within 10 days of receiving the order. Shipping takes 2 - 5 days, so your block will arrive between 5 and 15 days after you order it.
Here are a few tips for when to order your kit:
- For Early December Arrival: Order in late November
- For Christmas Delivery: Order in early December
- For New Year's Arrival: Order in late December
Q: What should I do to prepare for my kit's arrival?
A: As you can see in the photo, the grow kits are eager to grow. Ensure you are ready to nurture the grow kit for 7 - 10 days. If your holiday season is hectic or the recipients are traveling, consider ordering later in December so they can grow their mushrooms after the holidays.
Q: What if I can't start the grow kit right away?
A: Store the block in the fridge (out of the cardboard box) if you need to buy a few days before starting it.
Remember, our grow kits are living organisms. Extend the same care and concern as you would give a potted plant or a seedling and be ready to support its growth soon after arrival.
Q: Are there any holiday items with more predictable arrival times?
A: We offer gift cards so the recipient can order their kit on their schedule.
You can also pick up grow kits in person on Saturdays in December at Fat Moon Farm. These must be ordered in advance via email email@example.com.
To do this, send your order via email and specify when you wish to pickup. Pickups times are Saturdays between 12 and 4 PM at 41 West St, Westford, MA.
Please note, any online block orders will ship.
In summary, we are a small business selling a living, perishable product. We do not offer overnight or rushed shipping, and we ask for your patience as we manage our own supply chain through the holiday season.
We promise to fill and ship orders just as fast as the grow kits are ready.
Thank you for your support of our small business. We are grateful that you share our enthusiasm for mushrooms!