Chicken Cacciatore with Oyster and assorted Mushrooms
This chicken cacciatore is made with oyster mushrooms, a light mushroom that goes great in most pasta dishes. You can also add shiitake mushrooms for an earthier flavor too! Thank you to @beyondsourdough on Instagram for this great recipe. Check out her page for many more health focused recipes.
- 8 chicken thighs (skin on or off)
- 1 red or yellow onion, chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped or minced
- 8-10 mixed mushrooms (oyster, shiitake and whatever else you have)
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno chopped
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 4 oz red wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- Salt/pepper/red pepper flakes to taste
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese to top with
- Sauté chicken in large skillet or dutch oven with olive oil over medium heat.
- As chicken cooks, add onion, celery and carrot.
- When chicken is almost done (160 degrees with crispy golden skin), add garlic and mushrooms. Cook 2-3 more minutes and reduce heat to medium low.
- Add rest of ingredients and simmer 20-30 minutes.
- Serve over pasta, rice or mashed potatoes.