We can thank Patti Fielding for creating and sharing this recipe for one of the best meatless burger recipes is here! Mushrooms are a fantastic meat replacement, and make for a savory "burger".
Yield: 2 sandwiches
- 1/2 pound of mushrooms (sliced), any type, but shiitake are best
- Splash of Braggs Liquid Aminos
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup crushed avocado
- Seasoning: spike, garlic powder, paprika
- Sautee mushrooms in a splash of olive oil and a splash of Braggs Liquid Aminos.
- Melt Monterey Jack cheese in toaster oven on whichever bread you choose, a hearty bun, English muffin, or slices of bread all do the trick.
- To assemble burger, spread crushed avocado on one side of the bread, place the sprouts and carrots over that, sprinkle with seasonings, and top with the sauteed mushrooms. Place the cheesy side of the bread over the rest, and there you have it.