Mushroom Dip or Spread - Perfect for a savory snack
2 oz Butter
1 Medium onion finely chopped
1 lb mixed mushrooms, gently cut into bite size pieces if necessary
1. Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed pan
2. Add the onion and saute for 2 minutes, or until golden
3. Add the mushrooms and saute for another 5 minutes, or until cooked through
4. Add cream cheese to a food processor with blade attachment and pulse to break it up
5. add the onions and mushrooms and pulse to mix
6. Season with pepper and salt as desired
7. Pulse until it is combined and the texture is to your liking, smooth or crumbly.
Delicious as is, or could be dressed up with additional veggies or seasoning of your choosing. Keeps in the fridge for some time. Additional ingredients or seasoning may shorten storage time and heighten flavor over time.