Savory 'Shroom Spread
A staple in many European countries, this go-to light lunch is one of my British husband's favorites. Paired with tea (of course), this mushroom spread on toast is a delicious and nutrient packed snack.
- 2 oz Butter
- 1 Medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb Fat Moon Mushrooms, cut into bite size pieces if necessary
- 8oz Cream Cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
How to Make:
1. Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed pan.
2. Add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
3. Add the mushrooms and sauté for another 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
4. Add cream cheese to a food processor with blade attachment and pulse to break it up.
5. Add the onions and mushrooms to the cream cheese. Pulse to mix.
6. Season with pepper and salt as desired.
7. Pulse until combined and the texture is to your liking.
This dip is delicious as is, but could also be dressed up with additional veggies or seasoning of your choosing. You can keep it in the fridge for some time. Additional ingredients or seasoning may shorten storage time and heighten flavor over time.