Mushroom Hand Pies
We celebrated Pi Day with our homeschool pod with each student making a pie for supper. The Mushroom Farmer contributed these tasty, savory treats to the dinner menu. Perfect for a Pi Day snack or dinner whether you are a school-age kid or a math-loving grownup.
Yield: 4 hand pies
8oz or 2 c. chopped Fat Moon Mushrooms
2T. soy sauce
2T. heavy cream
1 single pie crust
1 egg, beaten
- Saute chopped leek in olive oil
- Saute mushrooms in olive oil
- Combine leeks, mushrooms, salt, soy sauce, heavy cream, and sherry in skillet. Heat until bubbly.
- Roll pie dough into 6" circles
- Place 2 - 3T of mushroom mixture in center of circle
- Fold in half and pinch side
- Brush with beaten egg
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.