Mushroom-Maple Shortbread Cookies
These cookies stole the show and won 'Most Creative' at the annual Cookie Swap!
Start with basic shortbread recipe, cut into the shape of a mushroom, and frost with a maple-flavored glaze. Top with our crispy, sweet Maple-Glazed Mushroom Bits. Essentially a vegetarian maple-bacon donut!
For the Cookies
- Shortbread Cookies, homemade or store-bought
For the Glaze
-1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 T. Water
- 1T. Maple Syrup
- A Few Drops of Food Coloring
How to Make:
1. Start with your favorite shortbread recipe.
2. After baking and cooling, decorate with glaze.
3. Apply a thin layer of the glaze and sprinkle with Maple-Glazed Mushroom Bits.
4. Allow cookies to set until glaze is firm.