Mushroom & Veggie Lasagna
This lighter, healthier vegetable lasagna is a delicious, hearty winter food.
12 Lasagna noodles
2# Sweet potatoes, peeled & thinly sliced
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 c. low-fat milk, divided
- 1/2 c. flour
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 1 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 t. ground black pepper
- 1/8 t. nutmeg
- 1 c. Ricotta cheese
- 1 bunch Farmer Dave's kale
- 1# Fat Moon Mushrooms, assorted varieties
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 white wine
1. Cook lasagna noodles according to package
2. Parboil sweet potato slices
3. Make Bechamel Sauce
- Heat 2 1/2 cups of milk until bubbles appear
- Mix 1/2 cup milk with flour
- Whisk flour mixture into bubbling milk
- Continue to heat until thick
- Stir in cheese and spices
4. Ricotta Mixture
- Finely chop kale. Boil for 2 minutes and drain.
- Mix ricotta and kale
5. Mushroom Mixture
- Sautee mushrooms and onions until beginning to brown.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with white wine.
6. Assemble Lasagna
- 1/2 c. bechamel sauce in bottom of pan
- Noodles, sweet potato slices, ricotta cheese, mushrooms (3x)
- Final layer: noodles, shredded cheese
7. Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake until brown on top.
Lasagna shown in photo has a single batch of Bechamel Sauce (made with 3 c. of milk.) Bechamel can be doubled if you desire a creamier lasagna.