Seared Ribeye with Sautéed Brussel Sprouts, Shiitakes, and Mashed Cauliflower
Here's a great recipe when you're looking for something filling and satiating. A pan-seared rib eye never disappoints! This recipe comes from @beyondsourdough on Instagram. Check out her page for many more health focused recipes.
For the Steak
- Boneless rib eye steak, approximately 1 1/2 inch thick
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat oven to 450 degrees with cast iron pan on middle rack.
- With steak at room temperature, brush with olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- When oven reaches 450 degrees, use pot holder and remove pan to gas stove on medium heat.
- Immediately place steak in pan and cook 40 seconds, flip and cook 40 seconds.
- Return to oven and cook 2 minutes, flip and cook 2 minutes, aiming for medium rare.
- Remove and cover with foil for 3 minutes.
For the Brussel Sprouts:
- 8 oz Brussel sprouts
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 chopped shallot
- Rinse, dry, remove bottoms of Brussel sprouts, slice.
- Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet, add Brussel sprouts, garlic, and shallot.
- Stir every minute or so for about 10 minutes until lightly charred.
- Season with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and fresh bacon if desired.
For the Cauliflower Mash:
- Cut one head of cauliflower into florets.
- Steam, boil, or air fry until tender.
- Drain thoroughly and squeeze out excess moisture in clean white kitchen towel.
- Add cauliflower to food processor with milk, butter, garlic, and salt to taste. Process and serve.