Tuscan Chicken with Mushrooms over Linguini
A delicious, easy, classic, and fulfilling Tuscan chicken recipe, except this time with Fat Moon Mushrooms! It makes all the difference. This recipe comes from @beyondsourdough on Instagram. Check out her page for many more health focused recipes.
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts, pounded to tenderize, cut into bite sized pieces
- Olive oil
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large red or yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red, yellow, or green bell pepper chopped
- 10 mushrooms, chopped or sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup green and black olives sliced
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Water (if needed)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Fresh or dried oregano (1 tablespoon for fresh or 1 teaspoon for dried)
- Dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 8 oz linguini, cooked al dente
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
- Sauté chicken pieces in olive oil with garlic, onions, and peppers over medium heat until chicken is cooked through.
- Add mushrooms and cook until lightly golden brown.
- Add spinach, tomato, olives, capers and wine. Cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add mozzarella and spices. Salt/pepper/red pepper flakes to taste.
- Add cooked linguini and stir. Top with parm!