Wild Rice & Mushroom Stuffed Squash
The best flavors of fall come together in this warm, comforting, and nutritious dish. Colorful squash and fresh mushrooms are the stars of this hearty vegetarian entree that is perfect for the colder months.
- 2 Acorn Squash
- 1 Cup Wild Rice
- 8oz Fresh Fat Moon Mushrooms, diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Apple, diced
- 1/2 c. Walnuts
- 1/4 c. Raisins
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make:
- Sauté mushrooms and onions.
- Bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil. Add rice, mushrooms, onions, and salt. Simmer for 15 minutes, until rice is cooked.
- Stir together cooked rice, walnuts, apple, and raisins.
- Cut squash in half and remove seeds.
- Fill with wild rice stuffing.
- Drizzle with olive oil and top with black pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 - 45 minutes, or until the squash is soft.